Vaccine Impacts on CCA Students

November 14, 2021

All throughout the 2020-2021 school year, class was online. This affected many students at CCAMS and there were a lot of people who struggled with their classes. Once the COVID-19 vaccines led to a decrease in the spread of the disease, it was decided that students and teachers could go back to in-person learning. This started the 2021-2022 school year, and the hope is that the vaccines can help everyone feel more comfortable in the classroom.

The main reason people get the vaccine is so they can go back to their normal lives. Whether at work, school, or just going out, vaccinated people experience more protection from COVID-19. In fact, according to ourworldindata.org, so far people who have the vaccine are 8 times less likely to catch the virus, and 25 times less likely to experience hospitalization or death.

Zoe, a student at CCAMS, says “I wasn’t scared to get the vaccine, but I was scared of the side effects.” She also said, “It didn’t hurt to get the shot, but afterwards it felt like a bruise.” Juliana, another student at CCAMS said, “The vaccine didn’t hurt, it just felt like a regular flu shot, but the second one did and I was tired and went to sleep.” She also said, “It was scary to get the vaccine, and I even begged my mom not to take me.” According to ourworldindata.org, 58 percent of the population is fully vaccinated. That’s 191 million people in the U.S.! Also, according to the same source, there have been 418 million doses given.

View Comments (2)

Aztec Press • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (2)

All Aztec Press Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• J

Juan HernandezApr 11, 2022 at 8:55 am

I enjoyed reading this article because it has good details about the COVID-19 vaccine that made students feel comfortable in the classroom.

Reply
  • R

Ramon GarciaApr 11, 2022 at 8:48 am

I enjoyed reading this article because it’s based on a real event. What I found interesting about this article is that 418 million doses were given.

Reply
2