In-person vs. Virtual Learning

Students and teachers adjust to the return to in-person school

November 14, 2021

In the middle of 2020 the COVID-19 pandemic started and many schools had to close down and go to virtual learning, which was very difficult for both students and teachers. Many schools have reopened since the fall of 2021, which means teachers, students and staff members of the schools have come back to the school.

Cesar Chavez Academy Middle School was also affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The school reopened on September 7th and students came back as long as they followed the COVID-19 requirements, like wearing masks over your nose and mouth, staying six feet away from each other, and making sure you wash their hands. For some students it’s very difficult to get used to being back in school.

Mrs. Howard is a Reading Intervention Teacher and she explains that, “I want my students to feel safe and welcomed…I like to teach In-person but I have to remember that I have students on Online learning. I have to make sure that they get all caught up with the work.”

Many students feel that it is great to be back at school. This year is going to be really different from other years. Hopefully, in the future when the COVID-19 pandemic is over, everyone can go back to the normal lives and routines they had before the pandemic.