Opinion: The Importance of Field Trips

Student Author

Do you think we need more field trips at Cesar Chavez Academy Middle School?  Some people think one is enough for the school year, while others feel we need more. I think we need more field trips because students will be more active, they will have more fun, and they can visit new places.

One reason why we need more field trips is because students will be more active while learning. This means that kids will be able to move around while they learn, and maybe even interact with the thing they are learning about. For example, when 7th grade students dissected the cow’s eye at Imagination Station. Also, according to thoughtco.com, field trips provide students with the ability to learn by doing instead of just passively listening to the information being taught in class.

Another reason why we need more field trips is because kids will have more fun than usual. Learning on a field trip is more fun for kids because they won’t just have to sit in a chair for a couple of hours. According to multibrief.com, field trips provide students with hands-on learning experience with various elements they can touch or interact with. This was true at Imagination Station, as there were many science-related activities that students were able to interact with, like a wind tube that felt like a tornado. 

The last reason why we need more field trips is because they will help students to visit new places. This means that students will be able to visit a place they never knew existed or a place they’ve wanted to go to for a long time. For example, I had never been to Toledo, Ohio until went in April for our field trip to the Imagination Station. Also, according to insightglobaleducation.com, field trips can help you adapt to a new environment while still maintaining work.

In conclusion, I think we need more field trips. This is because students will be more active, they will have more fun, and they will be able to visit new places.